Research Interests –
Psychobiology of learning
Evolution of cognition
Metamemory and cognition
Teaching Interests –
Learning and memory
Psychology of consciousness
Computers and science education
Spring 2017 Courses
Learning and Memory
Psychology of Consciousness
Fall 2016 Courses
Experimental Psychology and Lab
- Webb, Paul, Whitlow, J.W., Jr. & Venter, D. (2016). From exploratory talk to abstract reasoning: A case for far transfer? Educational Psychology Review.
- Whitlow, J.W., Jr. & Loatman, P. (2015). When patterning discriminations are harder than biconditional ones: A cue constellation approach. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Learning and Cognition, 41, 354-370.
- Whitlow, J.W., Jr. (2013). A positive patterning advantage with complex but not simple patterning: A cue constellation approach. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 66, 2118-2134.
- Whitlow, J.W., Jr. (2010). Effect of outcome valence on positive and negative patterning in human causal reasoning. Learning & Behavior, 38, 145-159.
- Whitlow, J.W., Jr. & Meier, I. (2007). Acting on emotions: The importance of emotion in public health messages. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association, Philadelphia, PA, March.
- Whitlow, J.W. Jr., Brogan, K., & Lucas, G. (2002). Effects of cumulative frequency instructions on blocking in causal judgments. Eastern Psychological Association, Boston, MA.
Science Education –