Research Interests –
Psychobiology of learning
Evolution of cognition
Metamemory and cognition
Teaching Interests –
Learning and memory
Psychology of consciousness
Computers and science education
Spring 2015 Courses
Experimental Psychology and Lab
Fall 2014 Courses
Learning and Memory
- Whitlow, J.W., Jr. (2013). A positive patterning advantage with complex but not simple patterning: A cue constellation approach. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 66, 2118-2134.
- Whitlow, J.W., Jr. (2013). Negative patterning and biconditional discriminations in human causal reasoning: A second look. American Journal of Psychology, 126, 11-21.
- Whitlow, J.W., Jr. (2010). Effect of outcome valence on positive and negative patterning in human causal reasoning. Learning & Behavior, 38, 145-159.
- Whitlow, J.W., Jr. & Meier, I. (2007). Acting on emotions: The importance of emotion in public health messages. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association, Philadelphia, PA, March.
- Whitlow, J.W. Jr., Brogan, K., & Lucas, G. (2002). Effects of cumulative frequency instructions on blocking in causal judgments. Eastern Psychological Association, Boston, MA.
Science Education –